House Concerts are a wonderful way to truly get to know an aritst and their music! The formula is simple...
- Invite as many people as possible (20 or 25 is a good nunmber, unless you have a big house - then the sky's the limit!
- Set up your house with concert-style seating - chairs set up focusing on a central spot
- Typically dinner is served (usually a potluck with each guest bringing something to share with everyone), followed by the first part of the concert (about an hour in length)
- After the fist musical set, there is a break for coffee and desserts, followed by a second performance (about 45 minutes in length)
- People that come need to understand that this is a concert - this is meant to be a listening venue with audience participation but no conversations or cell phone use during the performance. This is a concert, not background music.
- A basket is placed somewhere near the door with a suggested donation of $15 to $20 donation per guest(with of course no limit)
- CDs are set up giving the guests a chance to purchase the music of the artist
If you are interested in hosting a House Concert, please contact Danny directly.